Community Calendar for Friday December 7, 2018
- KWSO’s “end of the year sustaining membership drive” is underway. You can show your support for KWSO, by going online to www.kwso.org. Click on the CONTRIBUTE NOW button and become a sustaining member for either 10 or 20 dollars a month. When you sign up you get a t-shirt or a mug. Thanks for considering a sustaining membership in support of Warm Springs Community Radio!
- The Warm Springs Presbyterian Church’s Christmas Bazaar is today from 10am-3pm. Indian Tacos will be ready for sale at 11.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: chicken pasole, dried sweet corn, blue corn chips and fresh fruit.
- There is noon hoops today at the gym; Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Madras Saturday Market Holiday Market is open today from noon to 7pm and tomorrow from 9am to 4pm at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds.
- Today is the deadline for forms for kids who would like to receive a gift from the Warm Springs Toy Drive. You can download the form from KWSO.org or contact Lorien Stacona at 541-615-0143.
- Today is the entry deadline for the Warm Springs All-Indian Men’s Holiday Basketball Tourney, which is December 26-29 at the Community Center. Contact Director Austin Greene at 541-553-1953 or the Recreation Office.
- Madras High School Wrestlers will compete at a meet in Culver today at 2:00. Boys Varsity Basketball is hosting their White Buffalo Classic at 7 tonight.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center will have a holiday film party tonight at 7:30. It will show The Shop Around the Corner – a 1940 romantic comedy starring Margaret Sullivan and James Stewart. The film is free and holiday refreshments will be available. Films are shown in the Rodriguez Annex next to the library in Madras.
- Buff Elementary School is holding a fundraising Breakfast with Santa on tomorrow from 9-11am. The cost is $5 per person or $20 per family of five. You can take your own picture with Santa for free.
- The 43rd Annual Warm Springs Christmas Bazaar is tomorrow at the Community Center from 10am to 4pm.
- The 5th annual Holiday Gala at the Performing Arts Center is tomorrow at 7pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets will go on sale the week after Thanksgiving.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team is offering their Financial Skills for Families Course two times in December. The class will be one day, from 9am to 5pm on December 15 & December 22 at the Community Action Team office. To register call 541-553-3148. This course is a requirement for IDA program participants.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program funds are available in Warm Springs. Go by the Social Services office at the Commodity Warehouse for an application.
The 7th Annual Warm Springs Cougars Christmas Coed Basketball Tourney will be held December 14-16 at the Community Center. Age groups include 10 years and under and 12 years and under divisions, and open to the first 6 teams in both divisions. FMI: Contact Tourney Director Austin Greene at 541-553-1953 or the Recreation Office.