Community Calendar for Saturday August 24, 2019
- Warm Spring Recreation’s Back to School Yard Sale is today on the front yard of the Community Center from 9-4.
- The Red Cross is having training for members and those who want to join the Red Cross this morning from 9-11 at the Family Resource Center.
- The Wasco County Fair & Rodeo is going on this weekend in Tygh Valley. Warm Springs Tribal Members get free admission! The NPRA Rodeo continues today. On Sunday, there’s free breakfast, the youth livestock auction and a demolition derby.
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- Today is the second day of the Air Show of the Cascades at the Madras Airport. The purchase of an airshow ticket includes free entry into the Erickson Aircraft Collection. Gates open at 9am as does the Elks sunrise breakfast, airplane & helicopter rides, food booths & vendors, motorcycle, car and fly-in aircraft shows . There will be live music starting at 11. Aerobatic performances start at 1:00.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
There will be an agency district meeting on Monday to provide information on the 2020 enterprise revenue forecast, Kahneeta, transfer stations, hemp and any other discussion items. The meeting will be at the agency longhouse. Dinner is at 5:30 and the meeting begins at 6.
Community members are invited to take part in 2 Buti Yoga classes with Master Instructor Acosia Red Elk from the Umatilla Tribe. Classes will be held on Monday from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm and Tuesday from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. Both classes will be held at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
There is a Victim Impact Panel Tuesday from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym.
There is a youth 3 on 3 round robin co-ed basketball tournament on Thursday and Friday-30 at the Elmer Quinn Park (skate park.)There will be two divisions – 13 to 15 and 16 to 18. There will be prizes, raffle items, music, vendors and more. They are taking Contact Mallory at the Community Action Team office for rules and information.
The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is coming up on Thursday from 4-6pm at the K-8 Academy.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
A National Recovery Month & Back to School Powwow will take place September 3 in front of the Behavioral Health Center from 5:30-7:30pm. All drums are welcome. Everyone is welcome.
“In A Landscape,” a Hunter Noack concert will take place on September 5th, an hour before sunset, on the P-600, Trout Lake Road in Warm Springs. Vendors of all kinds are being sought – they need to be registered by August 30th. Tribal members need to register to get free admission. There are very limited spots. Vendors contact Emily Courtney and for registration contact Dustin Seyler – both located at the Community Action Team office.