- Today is September 22nd. There are 192 days until Census 2020. Every Household will have the option of responding online, by mail or by phone.
- The 9th annual Warm Springs Tribal Celebration is today at Mt Hood Adventure Park & Ski Bowl starting at 11am and going until 6pm. Everyone is welcome to learn more about traditional use of the Mt Hood Area by members of the Warm Springs, Wasco & Paiute Tribes.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today after church services. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
The Warm Springs Behavioral Health Center offers intake sessions weekly as a first step to identifying your needs. Intake Orientations are held Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 1:30-2:30 each week. To learn more you can call Behavioral Health at 541-553-3205.
Warm Springs Nation Little League will be electing new board members at a meeting this Monday at 6pm in the Community Center Social Hall. Board Positions include: President, Vice President, Player agents for both Softball and Baseball, Secretary, Treasurer, Safety Officer, Information Officer, Concessions Manager & Umpire in Chief. Background checks are done on all Little League Volunteers. The location of the meeting has yet to be determined. The meeting is open to all community members.
Warm Springs Recreation is holding Yarn Belt Making Classed with Neda Wesley this week. Classes are from 3-4pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the Community Center Social Hall.
There is a Ceremonial Hunters Meeting on Thursday September 26th from 4-6pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building.
Madras Football and Girls Basketball will benefit from a 4 person golf scramble tournament on October 12th at Desert Peaks in Madras. Please sign up by October 5th by talking with Coach Taylor, Coach Say or Coach David.
Warm Springs Sanitation Landfill hours are 7am until 130 pm.. after that gates are locked. After 1:30 everyone is asked to use a transfer station. Please do not do illegal dumping outside the landfill. Also – Tires and Batteries are no longer accepted. If you have questions about the landfill – contact the Tribal Sanitarian at (541) 553-4943.
Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award awarded for participants. The next information session is on September 26 in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at heart of Oregon dot org. (www.heartoforegon.org)
The 7th annual Jim Pepper Native Arts Festival is Saturday September 28th at Parkrose High School in Portland. To learn more about the event and get vendor information – go online to Jim Pepper Fest dot net. The event brings together Native Music, Arts, Dance, Food and Community. This year’s Jim Pepperfest 2019 theme is “Recovering the Sacred.”
The Johnson O’Malley Committee for Warm Springs Families is now accepting Applications for the fall activity allowance. This can be for activities such as Rodeo, Dance, Sports, Camps, etc. You can pick up an application at the Higher Education Office upstairs at the Education Building or online packets can be downloaded at www.kwso.org. The deadline to apply is Monday September 30th.