Happy Thanksgiving Day!
- The 43rd Annual Warm Springs Indian Holiday Bowling Tournament starts today and continues through Saturday at Lava Lanes in Bend. They will start with Mixed teams today at 3pm and Grammz Special at 8pm. Tomorrow has the Mixed team, Doubles & Singles, Big Dog Challenge, Master’s Event and Senior Masters. They wrap up the Tourney on Saturday with a Youth Bowling Tourney for ages 4-18 and the Holiday Roll-Off. For More information you can call Austin at 541-553-1953. Or you can check out the flyer on KWSO.ORG – click on the news and information tab and choose Event Flyers from the Drop Down Menu.
- The Thanksgiving Mini PowWow is tonight at the Warm Springs Community Center starting at 7pm. This evening will be contest dancing for: Adults, Juniors, Teens, Elders and a Clown Dance. All dancers and drummers are invited to participate. For more information call Carlos at 541-460-0772
- Warm Springs Tribal Offices will remain closed on Friday
- The I.H.S. clinic is open tomorrow
There is a name giving ceremony for Lenora Kim Starr and Tyree Lindy Starr starting at 10am this Saturday. Family and Friends are welcome and Drummers are requested. Meal will follow the ceremony.
The HAPPI Holiday Giving project is accepting applications for Youth 18 and younger. You can pick up applications at the Warm Spring Library in the Family Resource Center – which is where you turn the applications in too. Applications are due by December 6th. Also – donations of an unwrapped gift item for a child are being accepted until December 16th.
The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office today from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people across the country to assist with the 2020 Census count. You can learn more by calling 1-855-JOB-2020
Taking a look ahead at CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY HAPPENINGS
- The annual Recreation Christmas Tree Lighting and Santa Visit is Wednesday December 4th at 6pm at the Warm Springs Community Center.
- The annual Recreation Christmas Lights Parade is Wednesday December 11th at 6pm
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy Family Craft Night is Thursday December 12th from 5-7pm.
- The Warm Springs Recreation Christmas Bazaar is Saturday December 14th from 10am – 4pm at the Community Center.
- Indian Night Out is Monday December 16th at the Warm Springs Community Center
- Recreation’s Last Minute Christmas Bazaar is at the Community Center on Wednesday December 18th – 10am until 4pm.