The Warm Springs IHS clinic will be closed on Monday November 11th to observe Veteran’s Day. The Pharmacy is asking folks to plan ahead for medication refills by this Thursday as there is a planned IHS wide network outage on Friday that could limit or delay their ability to fill prescriptions. So check your medications now – and order refills before this Thursday November 7th.
- Tribal Council is in session today, on their agenda is S/T-COO discussion at 9am, Tribal Council proclamations/priorities at 10am and Resolutions at 11.
- Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings today and tomorrow at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 2:30pm.
- Warm Springs Community Health will be holding a flu shot clinic during the Comp & Benefits Fair today and tomorrow. Employees and Community Members are encouraged to get the flu vaccine.
- Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Garlic Chicken w/wild rice pilaf. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Agency District Meeting on the 2020 Budget is today at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5pm and the meeting follows at 6.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
There is a Food Handler’s Class on Thursday Nov 7th from 2pm-4pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at IHS. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
The Warm Springs temporary warming shelter plans to be open this week starting today and continuing tomorrow & Thursday nights due to nighttime temperatures forecast to be below 32 degrees. The shelter is open on those nights 7pm to 7am at the Warm Springs Youth Center in the old Elementary gym building. Use the entrance on the side by the basketball court.
The Central Oregon Basketball Organization (COBO) registration is currently open and you must be registered by Monday November 11th. This is for Boys and Girls in Grades 5th through 8th. You must register your athlete online at Jefferson county cobo dot com There is a scholarship available up to $150. If you have any questions, call Austin Say @ 541-777-1393
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs – On Thursdays from 4-5pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.
11/13 There is an Agricultural Seminar November 13th held at Inn at Cross Keys from 9:30am-2:30pm with lunch provided. This seminar is provided by SAIF, who is Oregon’s not-for-profit workers’ compensation insurance company. On the list of topics are “PPE and your respiratory program”, “staying on top of your work”, “Safety leadership for supervisors, trainers and other leaders”, and “Analyze This…!”. For More Information you can visit saif dot com slash ag seminars or call 503-373-8213.
11/20-22 The Warm Springs Community Action team is having their Financial Education Fair for Fall 2019 beginning Wednesday November 20th and continuing through Friday the 22nd. The Fair runs from 9am-4pm each day. The event will feature the BNC Financial skills for families series with the Warm Springs Area Chamber of Commerce and Vital Tribal Economies Staff. Participants will receive raffle tickets for assorted gift cards, Thanksgiving meal for 4 from Safeway or 4 meals from the WS CAT food trailer. All Oregon IDA clients should call Nettie for RSVP and to sign up for modules you need to make up @ 541-553-3148.