Community Calendar for Saturday July 20, 2019
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The Summer Jam Film Fest is today at the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. Doors will open at 6pm. This year’s video theme is Language is Power. There will be door prizes, youth t-shirts, and local videos. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free! Contact Bigg B if you have any questions.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. This Sunday they will also have opportunities for folks to get medical welfare checks and mental health counseling.
The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs will be held on August 15th. New this year there will be an outdoor market and food vendors during the event. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.
The city of Culver is seeking vendors for the Culver Crawdad Festival being held August 17. Call 541-546-6494 for more information.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences in August – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is a community gathering planned for all participants on August 25th. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due August 16th. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.