Funeral Arrangements from Sally Michelle Charley Medina.
- Leave Belair Funeral Home in Madras at 12:30 on Wednesday (10/2/19)
- Dressing at Simnasho Longhouse at 2pm
- Overnight Services
- Burial at Simnasho Cemetery on Thursday (10/3/19) at 8am
Today is October 1 – there are 183 days left until the 2020 Census begins. Census results are used to determine how much funding local communities receive for key public services. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages everyone to be counted.
- A reminder to those enrolled in the Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This week’s topic is: Facts About Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs.
- Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
- Senior Lunch is today at the Senior Wellness Center
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center – Alcoholics Anonymous is at Noon as is Relapse Prevention. Men’s group is 1 to 2:30 this afternoon. VOC Rehab will hold an orientation today at 3 at the Behavioral Health Center. AND Adult Alcohol & Drug Education is today 3:30-4:30.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Volunteers are now being recruited for the Warm Springs Tribes 2020 Point in Time Survey. The survey is an annual effort to identify the number of people in our community that do not have a stable, safe and secure place to live – including those temporarily living with family or friends. There will be a Volunteer Information Session today at 5:30pm the Tribal Social Services Building in the Industrial Park. To learn more – call 541-615-0141.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs. On Thursdays from 4-5pm they get together at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.
All expectant families and families with newborns 1-3 months old are invited to the Community Baby Shower. It is a free event with gift bags, free raffles, light refreshments, and activities to celebrate new moms. There will be one on Friday October 18th from 11am to 2pm at the Museum at Warm Springs and one in Madras on October 19th from 11-2:00 at the Performing Arts Center.
Warm Springs Nation Little League is trying to recruit one or two individuals from Warm Springs who would be interested in a week long baseball / softball umpire clinic. For more detail please call Edmund Francis at 541-325-3856.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office tomorrow from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
- There will be a Wana Pa Koot Koot Elders Tour tomorrow – that will meet and start at 9am at The Dalles Dam Visitor Center. They will visit The Dalles Petroglyph, Columbia Hills State Park and Pear Paw Rock.
- The final Heart of Oregon YouthBuild Orientation session for the fall cohort is this Thursday at 5pm in Sisters. This is a requirement for any youth interested in participating in this GED/High School Diploma/Job Skills Program. You can learn more by calling 541-526-1380 or online visit heart of Oregon dot org. https://heartoforegon.org/programs/youthbuild.html
- The Art Adventure Gallery is hosting an opening reception this Thursday for “Intentionally Abstract” And exhibit for Andrea Craik. The reception is 5:30-7pm at the Art Adventure Gallery on 5th street in downtown Madras.