- A reminder to those enrolled in the Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This week’s topic is: Communication.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council Agenda today: Budget call backs if necessary this morning and a budget wrap up this afternoon.
- The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference starts today and runs thru Saturday at HeHe Longhouse. All are welcome to attend at no cost. There will be speakers, support groups, camping, music, Wellbreity, sweathouse… a powwow will be held Friday night. The Hands Across the Deschutes Bridge event for Saturday will not take place.
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center – Alcoholics Anonymous meets today at noon. Narcotics Anonymous meets at the Shaker Church this evening at 6.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Baked Salmon with Cauliflower Mash & Steamed Vegetables. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall.
- An Eight Healthy Habits class will begin this Friday at 12:05pm in the clinic atrium. Classes will continue each Friday until November 8th. The class will consist of an eight healthy habits video course. A side salad will be provided every week.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “If Beale Street Could Talk” Friday evening at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex in Madras. Films are free and refreshments are available.
The Warm Springs Recreation Department is hosting their Fall Yard Sale this Saturday from 9am – 4pm on the front lawn of the Community Center. Call 541-553-3243 to reserve a table.
The 9th annual Warm Springs Tribal Celebration is this Sunday at Mt Hood Ski Bowl starting at 11am and going until 6pm. Everyone is welcome to learn more about traditional use of the Mt Hood Area by members of the Warm Springs, Wasco & Paiute Tribes.
Madras Football and Girls Basketball will benefit from a 4 person golf scramble tournament on October 12th at Desert Peaks in Madras. Please sign up by October 5th by talking with Coach Taylor, Coach Say or Coach David.
The Museum at Warm Springs is accepting artwork for the 2019 Tribal member Art Exhibit. Artwork is being accepted through Friday October 4th. The Exhibit will open on October 24th. Contact Natalie at the Museum if you have any questions.
There is a fundraiser for the Warm Springs Police Department D.A.R.E. program on Saturday September 28th. It’s a Car, Truck & Bike Show at Indian Head Casino from Noon until 5pm.