It’s October 17th and there are 167 days left until the 2020 census begins – the Warm Springs Complete Count Committee reminds you that the Census is now hiring. Learn more about census jobs at (https://2020census.gov/en/jobs).
- A reminder to those enrolled in the Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This week’s topic is: Healthy Friendships & Relationships
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office today from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
- The Great Oregon ShakeOut earthquake drill, the world’s largest earthquake drill, takes place today at 10:17am. More than 600,000 Oregonians are already registered. Great ShakOut earthquake drills are an opportunity to practice how to be safer during eathquakes by knowing how to “drop, cover and hold on”. You can register at shakeout.org to participate and be counted.
- Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
- Functional Fitness Class is in the Community Center Social Hall at lunchtime today.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Baked Salmon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Warm Springs Community Health will be holding a flu shot clinic at Early Childhood Education Thursday during pick up time between 3 and 5:30pm.
- The Madras Wrestling Club will be holding sign-ups today from 4-6pm at the Jefferson County Middle School. Practices for Kindergarten and 1st grade will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-6pm in the Jefferson County Middle School wrestling room with the first practice being on October 29th. Practices for 2nd through 8th Grade will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7pm in the Madras High School wrestling room. The Cost for Registration is $55 for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and $70 for 2nd through 8th Registration includes your USA Wrestling Card and a Madras Wrestling T-Shirt.
Warm Springs Sanitation Landfill hours are 7am until 130 pm…after that gates are locked. After 1:30 everyone is asked to use a transfer station. Please do not do illegal dumping outside the landfill. Also – Tires and Batteries are no longer accepted. If you have questions about the landfill – contact the Tribal Sanitarian at (541) 553-4943.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs proposed 2020 Tribal Budget is now posted at the Tribal Administration Building, Warm Springs Market, Indian Health Services, Agency Longhouse, Three Warriors Market, Sidwalter Fire Hall, Simnasho Longhouse, Seekseequa Fire Hall and online at the Tribal Member Portal. To view the budget information online in the Tribal Member Portal go to “Finance” then “Annual Budget”. The Seekseequa District Meeting on the 2020 Budget is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday October 29th at the Seekseequa Fire Hall. Dinner is at 6pm and the meeting follows at 7. The Simnasho District Meeting is October 30th at the Simnasho Longhouse at 7. The Agency District Meeting is November 5th at the Agency Longhouse at 6.
10/18 Warm Springs Geo Visions is hosting an open house Tomorrow October 18th to share with Tribal Members and the General Public about the work they do which includes the Cultural Resources Division which is dedicated to the protection and preservation of Cultural Resources. Geo Visions mission is to serve the archaeological and historical preservation needs of the Pacific Northwest. The open house will include interactive demonstrations from Flint Napping to talks with Native Elders. The open house is tomorrow at the Geo Visions office in the Industrial Park from 10am – 2pm. Please RSVP so they can be sure to have enough food. Email email@example.com or call 386-209-0472.
KWSO will have a meeting of our Community Advisory Board tomorrow October 18th at 10am here at the Warm Springs Media Center. The meeting is open to the public. You can see the agenda and learn more at our website under the “about kwso” tab – choose “policy/compliance” and scroll down to Community Advisory Board. https://kwso.org/about-kwso/policycompliance/
10/18 There is a Community Baby Shower tomorrow from 11am to 2pm at the Museum at Warm Springs. There will also be one on Saturday, October 19th from 11-2:00 at the Madras Performing Arts Center. It’s free for expectant families and families of newborns 0 to 3 months old. There will be free gift bags, raffle prizes, giveaways, food, games, pampering services and photos.
10/18 Warm Springs Community Health will be holding a flu shot clinic at the Museum at Warm Springs during the Community Baby Shower from 11am – 2pm at the Museum at Warm Springs. Community Members are all invited to get their flu vaccine.