- A reminder to those enrolled in the Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only – – class is today from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This week’s topic is: Healthy Boundaries
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer is in Warm Springs at the Senior Center today. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal.
- Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Beef Stew. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Functional Fitness Class is in the Community Center Social Hall at lunchtime today.
- At the Behavioral Health Center today: Alcoholics Anonymous from noon to 1pm, Relapse Prevention from noon to 1, Men’s Group from 1 to 2:30, and Adult Alcohol & Drug Education from 3:30 to 4:30.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Snack Attack for y outh is Tuesdays & Thursdays at the Community Center Social Hall from 3:30-5.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- A heads up that electricity on Tmsh street in Sunnyside will be out from approximately 9am-3pm tomorrow. This is a coordinated outage with Pacific Power to resolve a conflict and safety issue that was discovered during road work and construction.
- Warm Springs Victims of Crime Services invites everyone to joing them for a Walk tomorrow during Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The walk is at noon starting at the VOCSs office with a walk around campus. They will have fruit and water for walkers.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs tomorrow at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. To learn more call VOCS at 553-2293.
- The Papalaxsimisha Program is hosting an Oregon Department of Education Civil Rights Training tomorrow at the Greeley Heights Community Building with 2 sessions open to the public. Session 1 is from noon until 1:30 with lunch provided. Session 2 is 5:30 to 7 with dinner provided. Child care will also be available. Contact Jaylyn Suppah to learn more at 541-615-0144.
- Warm Springs MCH is collaborating with the Family Preservation Program tomorrow from noon to 1 at the Family Resource Center for an Adult Baby Doll Circle Time. This is a parenting class that focuses on conscious discipline parenting techniques including how to calm your infant, show affection and have positive daily interactions.
- The Madras Wrestling Club will be holding sign-ups this Thursday from 4-6pm at the Jefferson County Middle School. Practices for Kindergarten and 1st grade will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-6pm in the Jefferson County Middle School wrestling room with the first practice being on October 29th. Practices for 2nd through 8th Grade will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7pm in the Madras High School wrestling room. The Cost for Registration is $55 for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and $70 for 2nd through 8th Registration includes your USA Wrestling Card and a Madras Wrestling T-Shirt.
- The Great Oregon ShakeOut earthquake drill, the world’s largest earthquake drill, takes place Thursday October 17th at 10:17am. More than 600,000 Oregonians are already registered. Great ShakeOut earthquake drills are an opportunity to practice how to be safer during earthquakes by knowing how to “drop, cover and hold on”. You can register at shakeout.org to participate and be counted.
Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings on November 5th and 6th at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 3:30pm.
Today is October 15th – there are 169 days left until the 2020 Census begins. Responses to the 2020 Census are safe, secure & protected by federal law with any personal information kept strictly confidential. April 1st – the 2020 Census begins.