- The Annual Fall book fair at the Warm Springs K thru 8 ends today. It is open from 7:45am-4pm.
- The Central Oregon Skilled Trades Fair is taking place today from 8:30am-2pm at the Deschutes County Fairgrounds in Redmond. Vocational Rehabilitation and WIOA is helping get Warm Springs Youth with transportation. If you are interested in crafts like construction, engineering, plumbers Welders and many other careers, give VOC Rehab a call at 541 553-4952. They will be taking interested youth from the Education building to the fair.
- The Early Childhood Education Mini Powwow is taking place today at the Agency Longhouse starting at 10am.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be Pork ribs. Other Exercise Opportunities today include Functional Fitness Class at noontime at the Community Center Aerobics Room. Pilates Yoga class is at noon at the Health & Wellness Center.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- A Free Microsoft Excel Workshop series will begin today at 1:30pm and will be a two part series. Today is an introductory level class covering Navigation as well as creating basic spreadsheets. The 2nd Class will be held on Friday Nov 22nd at 1:30pm. The classes are free, should last 2 hours, must be over 18 and you must attend the 1st class in order to take the 2nd To reserve your spot or for more information you can call Deanna at 541-777-0286.
The Museum at Warm Springs will be holding a Yarn Belt Class with Elder Instructor Neda Wesley, November 19th – 21st from 5:30pm-7pm. Registration is open now with the first 20 students to receive class materials, there is no class limit, all other students will need to supply their own materials. To register contact Tamera Moody @ 541-553-3331 ext. 407.
The Warm Springs Community Action team is hosting a three day Financial Education Opportunity today thru Friday, 9am – 4pm each day at the Agency Longhouse. They will offer the entire Financial Skills for Families class over the three days. The class is a requirement for Oregon IDA initiative clients. If you need to make up part of the series – this is a great chance to do that. There will also be a chance to participate in the Vital Tribal Economies Survey. Call 541-553-3148 if you have any questions.
Family University presents a Free Personal Financial Course, where professionals in the field of banking will provide an introduction series of classes to help you manage your money and provide answers to money questions. This course will take place at the Jefferson County Middle School in Madras on November 21st from 6:15pm-7:15pm. To register you can call 541-460-2824
Native Hip Hop Performer Supaman will be at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy on Friday November 22, 2019. There will be 2 student assemblies and then a Community Presentation at 4pm.
Donations are now being accepted for the Happi Holiday Giving effort for Warm Springs Families in need this holiday season. You can drop off an unwrapped gift for a child at the: Tribal Administration Building front desk, Health & Wellness Center in Pod A, Early Childhood Education, Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center, GROW program office at 103 Wasco Street & at KWSO. The deadline to make a donation is December 16th.
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at kwso dot org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu. KWSO.org
Items are now being collected for the 2020 Warm Springs Point in Time Homeless Survey. You can provide for those in need who are currently experiencing homelessness by contributing useful items that can be dropped with Martha at the Commodities Building or Buffy at the Family Resource Center. https://kwso.org/2019/10/help-the-homeless/