- It’s a late start Monday for Jefferson County 509J schools. That means the school day starts 90 minutes later than usual.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after – today they are having Egg Salad Sandwiches and roasted veggies.
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting today at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- A reminder to those parents attending The Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents is today from 1pm-4pm on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This session will be going over: Communication. Classes will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays. The Next class is Wednesday Nov 6th. A reminder that you haven’t attended any session prior to today, you will not be able to join.
- Warm Springs Community Center Hours are Mondays & Wednesdays – 8am-8pm with ladies night basketball, Tuesdays & Thursdays- 8am- 9 pm with men’s IBA & Fridays- hours are 8am- 5pm.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Warm Springs Tribal and Enterprise Employees are encouraged to attend the annual Health Benefits Meetings tomorrow and Wednesday at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am to 4pm There will be 2 sessions each day – 9am – 10:30 and 2 – 2:30pm.
- Warm Springs Community Health will be holding a flu shot clinic during the Comp & Benefits Fair today and tomorrow. Employees and Community Members are encouraged to get the flu vaccine.
- The Agency District Meeting on the 2020 Budget is Tuesday November 5th at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5pm and the meeting follows at 6.
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs – On Thursdays from 4-5pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class Thursday from 2pm-4pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at IHS. The next Food Handler’s Class will be on Thur Nov 21st from 10am-12pm. If you have any questions call 541-553-1196.
- The Madras High School Music Department is holding a concert in honor of our veterans Thrusday in the Madras Performing Arts Center at 7pm. WE ARE ONE: Features the Madras High Symphonic Band and Chamber Choir. All are welcome, there will be reserved seating for veterans. A $10 donation is suggested at the door or a donation of 3 canned food items
- The Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center will hold a Lunch and Learn activity Thursday which will cover high blood pressure care and prevention at 12pm at IHS. The topics will include, the signs symptoms and causes of high blood pressure, how to work with your physician to get a proper diagnosis, the benefits of self-monitoring and Treatment Options. Lunch will be provided.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.