- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center today. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- Fitness Classes today include Functional Fitness during the noon hour in the Community Center Social Hall and Insanity Class in the Aerobics Room. Anyone interested in working with a Personal Trainer call Jennifer Robbins at 541-553-3589.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Sausage Lentil Soup. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Warm Springs K Thru 8 Boys basketball is hosting the Jefferson County Middle School today at 3:30pm
- The Warm Springs Recreation Department is providing a Yarn Belt Making Class today from 5:30pm-7pm. It will take place in the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. For More Information call Carol Sahme @ 541-553-3243
- The Museum at Warm Springs will be holding a Yarn Belt Class with Elder Instructor Neda Wesley, today through thursday from 5:30pm-7pm. There is no class limit. To register or for more information: contact Tamera Moody @ 541-553-3331 ext. 407.
- As a tribute to Native American Heritage Month Central Oregon Community College will have Warm Springs Tribal Member Clem Picard performing Native American Flute music tonight at the Bend Campus starting at 6pm.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
Tomorrow is November Team Trivia Night at Wild Winds Station in Madras. The event will start at 7pm and entry fee is $5 per person. All proceeds benefit the Jefferson County Relay for Life.
The Warm Springs Community Action team is hosting a three day Financial Education Opportunity tomorrow thru Friday, 9am – 4pm each day at the Agency Longhouse. They will offer the entire Financial Skills for Families class over the three days. The class is a requirement for Oregon IDA initiative clients. If you need to make up part of the series – this is a great chance to do that. There will also be a chance to participate in the Vital Tribal Economies Survey. Call 541-553-3148 if you have any questions.
Early Childhood Education is having Family Night “Thankful Thursday” this Thursday November 21st starting at 5:30pm.
There is a Food Handler’s Class this Thursday November 21st from 10AM-12pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at IHS. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
The Warm Springs Early Childhood Education Head Start will be closed November 25th to November 29th for Thanksgiving Break. All other programs will be open.
Are you an artist? If so, you can become a member of Tananawit and have access to some workshops and mentoring, as well as updates about activities and can turn in your art work for promotional contests for free as an introductory member. If you become a basic Member, there is a fee of $25 with more benefits. For questions or more information you can call 541-553-3148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at kwso dot org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu. KWSO.org
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Earn extra income while helping your community. Learn about census jobs online at (https://2020census.gov/en/jobs)