Warm Springs Sanitation will have one garbage truck back in service. They will be catching up on routes missed and plan to be back to regular operations by next Monday.
- It’s Spirit Week at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy and is Pajama Day. Thursday – wear Camo or your favorite College Shirt. Friday’s options are Crazy Hair or mixing Plaids and Polka Dots.
- Tribal Council is in session today, on their Agenda: Kah-Nee-Ta Discussion
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat after – today they are having:
- The Madras High School Native American Student Union will be meeting in Mr. Jones room #6 during lunch today.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Girls basketball teams are in action today. They are hosting Sisters today with games starting at 3:45pm.
- MHS Sports: The Buff Boys Frosh Basketball is in Sisters, tip-off at 5:30pm, JV Basketball tips-off at 7pm. Lady Buffs JV basketball is also in Sisters with tip-off at 4pm.
Thursday, February 06, 2020
- The Community Health Nutrition Department in collaboration with the Diabetes Program is holding Diabetes 101 classes. Tomorrow they will go over What diabetes is and Blood Sugar monitoring. The class will be held in the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Clinic in the Kitchen Conference room at noon. Light lunch will be provided. All are welcome! For More Information call 541-553-2478.
Cascades East Transit is adding Saturday service on their Community Connector Routes starting this Saturday and are offering FREE rides on Saturdays in February. For a list of the route schedules “Go to KWSO.ORG – the news and info tab – choose today’s calendar for a link with more details.”
The Sweetheart baby fair will be held Wednesday February 26th from 5-6:30 pm at the community center. MCH will be hosting a picture booth and discussion on How Screen time affects your child. There will be a Baby Board Gallery so please bring baby boards to share your amazing work with the community and a little tikes regalia fashion show.
Warm Springs Prevention is conducting an anonymous, confidential, survey to gain insight and input for providing alcohol and drug prevention activities to the community. It takes about 10 minutes to complete the survey. Find a link to the survey on today’s community calendar posted on kwso.org.
Warm Springs Public Safety offers an anonymous tip line that you can call 24 hours a day. If you have a concern or information related to a theft or other crime call 541-553-2202.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Every 10 years – census results are used to provide data for many federally funded services and that’s why the Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages everyone to be counted.
Good Heart Health comes from eating healthy, exercising and not using tobacco! Smoking or using tobacco of any kind is one of the most significant risk factors for developing heart disease. Learn more about quitting tobacco by contacting the I.H.S. Pharmacy to talk about their smoking cessation program.